Another year of The Joe Rogan Experience podcast has come and gone. In 2019, the JRE hit a major milestone and saw some big name guests appear on the podcast. As expected there were plenty of comedian guests as well as a surprising number of authors, multiple world champion athletes, famous musicians, rappers, scientists, filmmakers, US presidential candidates, controversial figures, and more! Several fan favorites also made return appearances in 2019.
For this Year in Review, we’ve compiled some of the publicly available metrics for the JRE podcast in 2019. Jump straight to the infographic or read more details in the article below.
JRE 10th Anniversary
It may be hard to believe but The Joe Rogan Experience podcast celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2019. December 24th officially marked 10 years since Joe Rogan and Brian Redban first live streamed from Rogan’s home office. If you haven’t seen JRE #1, it’s worth checking out to see how far the podcast has come in a decade.
JRE 2019 By The Numbers
There were 221 episodes of the JRE podcast recorded in 2019. This number includes:
- 32 x JRE MMA Shows
- 3 x Fight Companions
- 1 x Swapcast (Podcast on a Plane with John Dudley)
If you were to listen to every episode of the JRE podcast from 2019, it would take a total of 531 hours. That’s the equivalent of 22.1 days or 6% of an entire year. Sponsored ad reads were not included.
The shortest episode of 2019 was JRE MMA Show #72 with Andy Ruiz at 58 minutes while the longest episode was JRE #1255 with Alex Jones at 280 minutes.
Most JRE Guest Appearances in 2019
Brendan Schaub was Joe Rogan’s go-to podcast guest in 2019 with 9 appearances on JRE. The next most frequent guests were Bryan Callen with 6 appearances followed by Eddie Bravo and Ari Shaffir with 5 appearances each. Schaub, Callen and Bravo appeared together on all 3 Fight Companions which increased their appearance count. Tom Segura appeared 4 times without being the lone guest on any one episode (with Mike Tyson and 3 x Sober October podcasts). Greg Fitzsimmons, Bert Kreischer, Andrew Santino, and Donnell Rawlings each appeared on the JRE podcast 3 times in 2019. Surprisingly, Tom Papa only appeared twice.
RIP Live Streaming
Much to the dismay of many avid listeners, The Joe Rogan Experience podcast ended YouTube live streams in 2019. The last live streamed episode of the podcast was JRE MMA Show #63 with Jorge Masvidal on April 16, 2019. The Fight Companion episodes continue to be live streamed although they are becoming less frequent. In 2019, Rogan experimented with the release schedule and by the end of the year was recording multiple podcasts in one day and releasing them throughout the week.
10 Most Watched JRE Episodes in 2019
In 2019, the most watched episode of The Joe Rogan Experience podcast on YouTube was #1255 – Alex Jones Returns! with 16.9 million views. Combined, the 10 most watched JRE episodes of 2019 account for over 88 million views. Three of the top 10 most watched JRE episodes of all-time are from 2019.
- #1255 – Alex Jones Returns! (16.9M)
- #1368 – Edward Snowden (11.5M)
- #1330 – Bernie Sanders (10.7M)
- #1227 – Mike Tyson (9.5M)
- #1315 – Bob Lazar & Jeremy Corbell (9.2M)
- #1278 – Kevin Hart (8.1M)
- #1276 – Ben Shapiro (6.1M)
- #1284 – Graham Hancock (5.9M)
- #1283 – Russell Brand (5.3M)
- #1347 – Neil deGrasse Tyson (5.3M)
10 Most Watched JRE Clips in 2019
Looking at the official JRE Clips YouTube channel, the most watched video clip taken from The Joe Rogan Experience podcast was How Your Cell Phone Spies on You from episode #1368 – Edward Snowden.
- Edward Snowden: How Your Cell Phone Spies on You (6.8M)
- Chappelle’s New Special Had 0% on Rotten Tomatoes (5.5M)
- Joe Rogan on Leaving Neverland (5.3M)
- Physicist Brian Cox Explains Black Holes in Plain English (5.2M)
- Mike Tyson Doesn’t Work Out Anymore: Here’s Why (5.1M)
- Real Navy SEAL on What War Movies Get Wrong – Andy Stumpf (5M)
- Dr. Phil on the Catch Me Outside Girl (4.8M)
- The Amazon is a Colossal Mystery w/Graham Hancock (4.8M)
- Alex Jones Freaks Joe Out (4.4M)
- They Call These Chimps Lion Killers – Forrest Galante (4.3M)
2019 Most Liked JRE Episodes
When it comes to likes on YouTube, #1255 – Alex Jones Returns! got the most thumbs up. Three of the top 5 most liked JRE episodes of all-time are from 2019.
- #1255 – Alex Jones Returns!
- #1330 – Bernie Sanders
- #1368 – Edward Snowden
- #1315 – Bob Lazar & Jeremy Corbell
- #1227 – Mike Tyson
2019 Most Disliked JRE Episodes
Funnily enough, two of 2019’s most liked JRE episodes on YouTube also happen to be two of the most disliked episodes from 2019. The top 4 most disliked JRE episodes in 2019 are also the top 4 most disliked of all-time.
- #1236 – Jack Dorsey
- #1330 – Bernie Sanders
- #1228 – Bari Weiss
- #1282 – Adam Conover
- #1255 – Alex Jones Returns!
2019 Most Mentioned Books on JRE
It seemed like there was an endless stream of authors promoting their books on The Joe Rogan Experience podcast in 2019. These were the most mentioned books on the JRE podcast in the past year:
- The Bible (20)
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari (10)
- The Coddling of the American Mind by Greg Lukianoff & Jonathan Haidt (10)
- America Before by Graham Hancock (9)
- Empire of the Summer Moon by S. C. Gwynne (8)
- Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins (6)
- The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi (5)
- The Sacred Mushroom and The Cross by John Marco Allegro (5)
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell (5)
- Hidden War by John Nores (5)
- Tribe by Sebastian Junger (5)
- Going Clear by Lawrence Wright (5)
JRE 2019 Year In Review Infographic
Click to enlarge